Foundation Programs support the District's Mission and align with the District's Strategic Plan to promote educational excellence and enhance lifelong learning. Programs are awarded through an annual grant process and are implemented as funds are available or as they are endowed.
Student Enrichment Opportunity Grants (Up to $2,000/Student) provide funds that reward excellence in scholarship and character to qualified students for academic programs that extend beyond the classroom and that supplement and align with the District Improvement Plan. Opportunities may include, but shall not be limited to, the following:
- Student Tuition and Fees for Dual-credit Courses and Exam Fees for ACT, SAT and Advanced Placement
- Student Career and Technology Education Supplies and Certifications
- Student Leadership Training and other Co-curricular Experiences
Technology Initiatives (Up to $15,000/District; $10,000/Campus; $5,000/Team of Teachers) enable Joshua ISD educators to integrate cutting-edge technology that supplements and aligns with the District Improvement Plan into their curricula. Funding may support, but shall not be limited to, the following:
- Additional Computers and Tablets
- Educational Software and Hardware
- Interactive White Boards, Data Projectors and Document Cameras
Instructional Enhancement Grants (Up to $15,000/District; $10,000/Campus; $5,000/Team of Teachers) are awarded to Joshua ISD educators for funding resources and materials for experiential learning opportunities that supplement and align with the District Improvement Plan. Programs may include, but shall not be limited to, the following:
- Curriculum-based Field Trips
- Co-curricular Activities and Organizations
- Training, Curriculum and Supplies
Grant applications are due the Friday before Spring Break, and grant funds are awarded annually in the spring to be utilized the following school year.